Joseph James Mote1,2
M, #27, b. 13 January 1834, d. 27 December 1908
|(Witness) Census||Joseph James Mote appeared on the census of 6 June 1841 in the household of William Mote and Mary Ann Hurden at Little Warner Street, Ossulstone, Finsbury Division, Middlesex, England.7 |
|(Resident) Census||William John, John Hurden, Joseph James, Sarah Elizabeth, Rebecca Louisa, James Richard, Hepzibah R and Edward appeared on the census of 1851 in the household of William Mote and Mary Ann Hurden at 42 Moneyer Street, Tower Hamlets, Shoreditch, England.8 |
|Census||Joseph James Mote and Alice Shepherd Spence appeared on the census of 1871 at 57 Yellow Street, Shoreditch, Hackney, England.5 |
|Occupation||Joseph James Mote was a mixer of harness polishes, blacking manufacturer from 1871 to 1881. |
|Census||He and Alice Shepherd Spence appeared on the census of 1881 at 54 Ballance Road, Hackney, Middlesex, England. |
|(Witness) Marriage||Joseph James Mote witnessed the marriage of Alice Hurden Mote and Alfred Eve on 2 April 1887 at the Parish Church, Hackney, Middlesex, England; They were married by William Tylden Dyne, Curate.9 |
|Census||Joseph James Mote and Alice Shepherd Spence appeared on the census of 1891 at 54 Balance Road, Hackney, Surrey, England.6 |
|Occupation||Joseph James Mote was a mixer of polishing ink from 1891 to 1901.6 |
|Census||He and Alice Shepherd Spence appeared on the census of 1901 at Hackney, London, England.10 |
- [S2] 1881 British Census.
- [S5] International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- [S3] FreeBMD, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl, Marriage 1859 Q1 Whitechapel 1c 624.
- [S6] UK Registered BDMs, , death 1908 Q4 Hackney 1b 322.
- [S17] 1871 England Census.
- [S7] 1891 England Census.
- [S47] Compiler: British Government, The London 1841 Census, Subject: Images of the 1841 Census Books, Disk 6 H-661-3.pdf page: 71.
- [S73] 1851 Census Record.
- [S1] Marriage Certificate: copy issued 20 January 2004 by the General Register Office MXB 408877.
- [S12] 1901 England & Wales Census.